Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Putter


I finally got off my ass and bought a new putter. I had been playing with a Ping putter that I had won in a sales contest about 7 years ago. Putter was crap and I putted like crap with it but could never muster up enough courage to put it down and get a new one, UNTIL.... I was at Golfsmith one evening and putting and I was just lights out inside Golfsmith with a Odyssey Tour putter. I decided to pick it up, paid $130 for it due to me having a 15% off coupon from the net with me. As I drove home, I called a buddy of mine and he told me that the Black series was a much better putter but they normally ran for about $250-299 and I told him that was out of my price range. He quickly interrupted me and stated that Golf Galaxy had them on clearance for $194 and that right now you can also take a additional 33% off all clearance products, so I turned around the vehicle and headed for the Galaxy. Sure enough, $133 dollars later after discounts I was the proud new owner of a Odyssey Black Series 1 putter. Back to Golfsmith I went to return my Odyssey Tour putter and after I was asked "Why I was returning it" and I told the guy the price I had just gotten the Black Series for, he pretty much told me I was lying to him. Too funny, I actually went out to my truck and brought it in with the receipt and showed him and he actually asked if they had any left cause he was going to run over there and get one as well!
The first time I used this putter was when I was up north in Brainerd and I love this thing! Sure I am still getting used to it, but my speeds are really getting dialed in and anyone who knows the golf, knows that speed is crucial in putting. Great putter and I really am glad I made this purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment