Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Costco Tournament!

OK, Here is the Deal....

Costco in previous years has sponsored a Charity golf tournament for the "Children's Miracle Network" The did not have one last year, but in 2007 I participated in it with Noel, Jim, and Josh "A Veriozon Rep."
Well they are having it again this year and it is going to be at a course that I like very much, Majestic Oaks in Blaine. I found out about this about a week ago from Tom Pitt when I stopped into SLP Costco to get some stuff.
The Tournament is going to be held on June 4th 2009. It's a Thursday.... I was super pumped when I heard that.... I called Noel right away and basically told him to sign us up. Noel called Jim and Jim actually showed interest in wanting to play. "Just lost a dollar to myself" hehe.... and I called Tony to see about playing.... Tony was being Tony and is all cranky at me cause I was too hung over to play a couple Saturday's ago even though he shoulda expected that as he was boozing with us that night at Robblers. Anyways... we have a few people who will step in and be our 4th at the first opportunity so no worries about getting a complete team....

Here is the bummer part. I just got a E-mail from my boss stating that I need to clear my calander from May 31st - June 5th as I am going to be having meetings in Vegas that week. The meetings will only be 3 days, however the sucky part is he is not sure what 3 days they are going to be. My thought process has the following scenario..... Fly to vegas on Sunday the 31st of May and have meetings Mon the 1ST thru Wed the 3rd and fly home that night. If that is the case... WOOHOO I can play in that tournament. The other scenario is, Still fly out the 31ST but have meetings till Thursday the 4th and fly home that afternoon/evening! That would SUCK...

I love golfing in 4 man scrambles and especially with my good buddies.

I guess the bottom line is, we shall wait and see for the final details on my work meetings. Whatever the case is, I still have the Jack Daniels tourny in Sept. and we also started play in a autism tournament in mid season.

However this year I have made a personal commitment to play in as many as possible. Especially if they are for good causes.


More info to come as I find out the details.............. Hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment