Friday, May 1, 2009

Leagues Week 4

This week at leagues was questionable at best. Weather was gloomy and we encountered rain almost every other hole. However This was also the first real week of league play with us playing "Man in the Box" and handicaps being put into play. Ron and I were teamed up together as usual, Ron was given a handicap of 10 and I was given a 6. The principal of Man in the box is that your score is basically counted every other hole. I had holes 10,12,14,16,18 and Ron had 11,13,15,17,18. You play both balls on the last hole! It is a fun game none the less.

My long game is my strong point as of right now, I am piercing the ball consistently now and splitting the fairway. I hope that I keep that all summer. I feel very confident also with my short iron play especially after buying that range finder. Just knowing the exact yardage is a very big mental boost. Even if I cannot play my clubs to a specific yardage yet, Just knowing makes me address the ball with a higher amount of confidence. Putting is hit or miss. I am never WAY off on putts, I just need to gain consistency on the greens. As they say, drive for show, putt for Dough.

However We did putt for the dough this week and Ron and I won the first week of leagues. We ended up shooting a 37 even after counting both strokes on 18 which is a par 5. Ron actually birdied the hole and with his handicap bump gave him a eagle. I bogied the hole after my putt sat on the lip and didn't drop. None the less. We won a combined 40 bucks! Not much but 20 a piece covered Green fees and a beer.

Did I mention that I am very glad that I bought that 20 round pass. Good investment.

After leagues, Ron and I went to Wiseguys and had some pizza fries and a beer or 2. We chit chatted about golf more and some potential tournaments that we could play in! Should be fun.

As for actual scores go. I ended up shooting a 45 myself, horrible score. I pulled a few balls into the woods, sculled one out of a bunker into the woods as well.

I blame it on the rainy conditions, Looking forward to my first 39 of the year. Next time I always say.

No comments:

Post a Comment