Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm Back


Greetings blog readers


I am going to attempt at blogging about my golf game again this year.


Quick recap up to this point,


The courses have been open for roughly 3-4 weeks already and I have roughly 5-6 rounds under my belt. Highlight for the upcoming season is that I joined the Thursday Men's league at Tanners Brook this year. Previously I had played in a smaller make-shift league but this year I graduated to the big boys league!


Last Thursday was week 1 of leagues and I have to admit. I think I am a part of a great 4-some.


This year we got Jim Ball back on the course and we are teamed up with "MeyerZ" and "Stenny" We played an individual game for week 1 as everybody is still working on establishing their MGA handicap. It was Low Gross, Low Net. To get into the side games, everybody that wants to play has to put in 5 bucks towards the game and with 13 4-somes playing in this league it turns out to be a pretty good chunk of change. For week 1 I was very happy with my performance. I ended up shooting a 42 before handi bumps and a 34 after handi bumps.


Leagues start out shotgun style and we tee'd off on #7 to start. On hole #9, a long 561 yard par 5, I hit my 2nd shot to within roughly 40 - 50 feet of the pin. Putting for Eagle I ended up lipping my put and had a tap in Birdie. That was the highlight of my first week of leagues.
Week 1 I placed 3rd for Gross and 5th for low Net - Made 20 bucks out of the deal! not to shabby..


I have a few goals for myself in leagues this year, Goal #1 - Establishing a handicap in the single digits. I will be happy with 9.9 as long as I am in single digits!

Goal #2 - Getting my putts per green under 2.0 - I am a consistent 2 putt per green golfer and I have to admit that my putting has really improved this season after the purchase of my New Putter towards the end of last year! However I really want to start hitting more 1 putt greens. I am confident that if I get my putts to around 1.7 or 1.8 I should get my handi down into the single digits. I leave so many shots on the putting surface that it makes me sick.


As far as equipment goes, I did purchase a new Driver this year - I purchased the Taylor Made R9 and so far I love it! I have the head tweaked in 1 degree and also weighted at the heel as to close the face faster and prevent the slice. Much more consistent off the tee and my distance has actually improved as well.


Quick update on the Brainerd trip this year. I am in for the entire golf portion this year. Planning on hitting Deacons Lodge for 18- Legacy for 36 - and Golden Eagle for 18 - The dates are June 24-June 26



I figure it's time to get to work so I am going to cut this post short, but I promise you this much. I will be better about posting blogs in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment