Sunday, May 9, 2010

Leagues Week 2

Just got the E-mail from Tanners Brook.

Thursday Results
One best ball of Four
J Wagner,J Wagner, J Dustin, Blind
26
$18 each
J Meyer, J Ball, Blind,A Viehauser
27
$13 each
C Schillinger,C Stanius, L Douglas, T Ashton
27
$13 each
M Price,S Stanius, T Jensen, J Furlong
28
$7.50 each
M Peterson, P Dillion, P Berg, C Berg
28
$7.50 each





Ended up with a tie for 2nd place!



The game was best 2 of 4 scores per hole



I ended up shooting a 40 this week, Played the back 9 of Tanners and started on hole 15. Had a good round and finished up on hole 14 with a scramble Par. Starts off like this: Tee'd off with 3 wood and sliced it hard right, I spent about 5 minutes hunting for my ball over by the 12 Green in the natural rough and found 3 other balls except my own. Just as I was going to give up looking Jim found my ball in woodchips in a lightly wooded backdrop to the 12th green. I actually had a shot of about 170 yards to the pin from this position. I took my 5 iron and choked down on the club and tried to punch out from where I was. I made it out clean and ran my ball up to roughly 40 yards of the green but on the side of the embankment going down to the swap just to the left of the 14th green. I chipped up and ran my ball past the cup by about 50 feet. At this point I am just hoping to 2 putt and make a 41 with a bogey. The putt had a huge Left to right break as it was a 2 tier green and I was on the top tier and it was going to break hard on the roll. Well as I am sure you can gather, I ended up making the putt center cup. Good thing I hit it center cup as this ball was moving and if I would have missed the hole, I would rolled past the cup probably 10-15 feet "If I was lucky"

Still trying for the elusive round in the 30's Hopefully this week coming up will be it! Noel will be subing for Jim as he will be at the Doc's office!

No comments:

Post a Comment