Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's that time of the year again!

April....... The best month of the year. Every April for the past 15 years has always gotten my excitment flowing. The snow is melting, Robins have returned, I am usually fresh off a March vacation from a warm destination and most importantaly..... Golf is about to start. This year is no exception.
It all started early however in 2009. Tracy, my girlfriend of the past 8+ years and I went to Jamaica this year for our yearly vacation. This year while in Jamaica I decided to go golfing! A retreat on our retreat that in previous years have wanted to do, but never actually followed through and completed.
Golfing in Jamaica was a absolute treat. Even with rented clubs, limited ammo (Balls) no golve, and kids begging for money on every tee box, I still had the time of my life. I actually shot well too. I had 92 strokes under my belt until my approach shot on the 18th green fell short and ended up in the drink. That's important as that was my final ball. So I concluded my round with a score of 94 including penalty! Not bad for not swinging a club in over 5 months and then jumping right onto the tee box with foreign clubs and very little preparation.

This year I have started to upgrade my equiptment! Before my trip to Jamaica I was browsing through my favorite store, golfsmith in Roseville, MN when I stumbled through the shoe section. I already have 2 pairs of golf shoes, however I needed to get a better lighter pair as Last fall for my birthday, Tracy gave me a very nice Sun Mountain push cart and I have decided that my cart riding days are for the most part over! So back to the shoes, I was caught up in the moment in early March and gave into temptation and purchased a pair of FootJoy DryJoys shoes! Very lightweight and Look damn good too.

As any self proclaimed *Good* golfer will tell you, Balls Make a huge difference in your game.

This past weekend Tracy and I were in my 2nd favorite store Dicks Sporting Goods checking out their always great specials and like every trip to Dicks, it was just a matter of time until we hit the golf section. Late last year I came accross a new ball that I enjoy hitting almost as much as the Titleist Pro V1 and that is the new Bridgestone B330X Tour ball! Sure the price is out of control, $44.00 a dozen but in my mind, It is money well invested! So Dicks had a special on of buy 2 dozen and recieve by mail a Bridgestone windbreaker! Long story short, I have balls for the year now! On the way to the checkout I also walked past some closeout golf bags, Again I already had 3 golf bags sitting in the garage however I did need a new one to go with my new Sun Mountain Push Cart so I did also Purchase a new Slazenger Cart bag! Black and Orange.


I also am very in the market for a range finder or a Sky Caddie! I am up in the air as to what direction I will end up going! probably the Range finder as it is more versitile and can be used at any point on the course to find any distance. Example, How far away bev cart is? How much further I outdrove my partner! You know.... The important stuff! As the Sky Caddie is will only tell me yardages to the green and other important obstacles like water and bunkers.

OK to the point.

I play in a mens league up at TannersBrook which is located just south of Forest Lake, MN on highway 61. This will be my 3rd season playing with this group! I really enjoy my Wednesday evenings. We are planning out first week of golf to be this next week. April 8th! I have a golf meeting to attend on Monday the 6th at Wiseguys to discuss the details! However as of this morning when I woke up, we have about a inch of snow on the ground! Good news, it is going to be in the 50's tomorrow and going forward.

My goal is to update this blog after golfing dates! Leagues, Tourny's, trips, Sundays, or anytime anything golf related takes place! even planning a trip will be blogged about.

Side note - I will forward this blog to my golfing partners in hopes that they will start one of their own. I am enjoying this and hope that my buds will also take the same enthusiasm to this as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment