Saturday, April 11, 2009

Territory Golf - St. Cloud

On Friday I had the chance to get together with my great friend Tony and play a round of golf up in St. Cloud at the territory golf course.

http://territorygc.com/

This was a great chance for Tony and I to get together and share many laughs as we always do when were together. We decided to meet up in St. Cloud for a Late afternoon tee time and try to get at least 18 in.

I made sure that I got my store visits in early on Friday to ensure that I would be able to get up there in time for our tee time.

I love golfing with Tony as he is a "Big Deal" in the golf circuit and is able to get free tee times at pretty much any course in the state. Big incentive for me. Now calm down Tony, that's not why I like golfing with you! I do enjoy our companionship and friendship too! Does that make me sound gay?

Anyways - It was a little windy and about 53 Degrees! Perfect early April golfing weather.

This was Tony's first time swinging clubs this season and my 3rd tee time if you include Jamaica.

I started out strong again and feel very comfortable with my golf game for April Golf. Hitting Fairways off the Tee, being on the green in Regulation! Even having some nice sand saves when I did enter the sand box.

I anxiously await the greens and fairways to gain life and regain that vivid color that every golfer loves.

Territory Golf course is a decent course, Links style on the front while the back is a little wooded. I ended up shooting a a 43, 41 for a grand total of 84. I was very pleased to shoot a 84 on a unfamiliar course especially when I know I lost about 4 or 5 shots by not lining up my putts and rushing myself. Towards the end of the round a few Mich Golden lights were starting to affect my judgement and the temp was dropping fast which created some missed opportunities.

My big win of the day was the fact that I hit my first tee shot and sank my last putt all with the same Ball.

I also landed my first birdie of the year.

As far as my game against Tony, I'll leave that out of the Post! I'll let Tony start his own Blog and describe his details.

I will say that I do look forward to playing with him many times this year!! We know the score between us.

I have a lot of respect for Tony's Golf game and look forward to utilizing his best practices and improving my game even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment