Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Leagues week 2 and 3

Forgot to post about last weeks league... actually thought about it during the week but was too lazy to "get er done"

Last week in leagues was another solid round as I posted a 40 with the highlight being a Chip-in from off the 8Th green for a birdie 2. It is a 194 yard par 3 and I hit 6 Iron pin high but off the right side of the green and down into a sink area! I have about a 30 yard chip up onto the green to a hidden flag as I was basically chipping from a hole. Of course the Pin was on the far left side of the green and I had to fly the ball about half way across the green and let it roll the remaining 15 yards or so to the cup. Since I was below the hole I didn't actually see the path of the ball nor did I see it hit the cup but I did hear it and the other 3 guys from our group were on the green and cheering it in the entire way. The best part of that chip in was that 2 holes earlier, my partner Ron had chipped in for par from a much closer distance and he was cranky that I had to show him up like that.

Other highlights from the 2ND week.... Jeez.. it's hard to remember, it was a whole week ago.

I can now reach the 4Th hole, a par 5 slight dog leg right with water in front of the green in 2 shots. I have actually done that now each week of leagues, including tonight. I have birdied that hole 2 of the 3 weeks of leagues! and its the #1 handicap hole on the course.

Absolutely murdering my ball off the tee with consistency now too. I feel very comfortable with my tee ball.

Weather is warming up, I actually had shorts on 2ND week! Summer is Close.





Week 3

Shot a 41.... Birdied #4 again.

This week we played a game called bingo, bango, bongo... Its a point game where the first person on the green gets a point "Bingo" The first person in the cup gets a point "Bango" and the longest put gets a point "Bongo" I ended up winning that game and collected a cool 9 bucks in winnings. I had 9 points... Dustin had 8 points, Brian had 6 Points and Ron had 4 points. 1 dollar per point. Do the Math.... The course really started to Green up over the last week. I am predicting 2 more weeks till it's looking Fantastic.

After the normal 9 holes of leagues, we decided to try and get another 9 in off the back before it got dark. My first time playing the back 9 at Tanners this year! I like the back actually better than the front as it is a little more challenging. My first tee shot off of 10 I pulled down the left side of the fairway and actually lost in the tall grass! First lost ball since week 1. ended up taking a double bogy 6 on that hole.... that was my worst hole of the Back as I ended up shooting a really good back 9 however I am not going to count it as we played speed golf and gave each other gimmies on the greens and kept the pins in when putting just to hurry everything up.

I walked all 18 tonight! Normal pace on the front, Speed golf on the back and I feel good! I feel very comfortable about walking all 18 at any time now. I was a little skeptical if I could walk all 18 and still have the stamina to make solid shots and not have to club down! No worries now.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks when we start playing games based off our handicaps. I am guessing that will happen within the next 2 weeks as we have 3 rounds under our belts now and should be able to start playing handicap games. O well, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment